Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Souvenirs of Seattle


Last Wednesday, Andy and I flew to Seattle to visit some of Andy's best friends, Jake and his wife Amy and their 2 daughters, Hannah and Mia. It was so much fun!

We went to the Puyallup Fair (which actually owns thefair.com, isn't that awesome?) to see the Counting Crows play. Their album August and Everything After is one of my all-time favorites but I've kinda been a casual fan since the mid-90s. Andy and Jake, however, are HUGE fans and it was so fun to experience the concert with them. Adam Duritz is such a great lead singer and their concerts evoke such emotion from the audience. Most often, I enjoy the feeling of music rather than the lyrics or melody, and Counting Crows makes me feel. It was great!

Andy and I got to explore Puyallup a little bit and I got to visit Value Village for the first time! I have heard of it across different blogs and made a point to seek it out in Puyallup. Andy found an awesome Hall & Oates shirt and I got a retro jewelry box that I put in my booth on Sunday. Value Village was interesting - in addition to the normal second-hand items, they also had new merchandise, which is unusual in my part of the country. I also noticed that Goodwill carried new merchandise (candles and cleaning supplies). Is that a pacific northwestern thing? Do your thrift stores carry new items alongside secondhand items? I'm really curious about this now! :)

I picked up a red suitcase at Goodwill and then we checked out Victoria Sells Antiques downtown. I got a teal party tray (still in the box! photo below!) plus some owl-y things there. There was a particular booth at Victoria's that stole my heart! I wish I had taken photos and I kinda regret not picking up a few of the items that I loved, but there wasn't enough "meat on the bone" to re-sell the items and we didn't need them for our house. Oh well!



We went into Seattle the next day and did the Space Needle, which was really fun. Seattle is such a beautiful city and the weather was absolutely perfect!

It was a short trip but so good to get to spend time with Jake and his family. I met them for the first time at our wedding so it was great to spend actual time with them and get to know their girls better. Hannah was sad when we left but I told her we have our whole lives to be friends. I am excited to have them a part of my life now. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! This looks like so much fun! Seattle and Adam Duritz? perfect!

    I really love the site redesign, it all works so well together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks valentine! i didn't realize you were reading! yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, love the pictures! Thrifting is fun no matter where ya are, eh?
    so sweet what you told Hannah!
    lyb
    mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.