Friday, October 21, 2011

The Swell Season Movie


Did you see Once? It was a great movie full of amazing music. The actors, Glen and Marketa, were long-time friends and musicians who formed a duo called The Swell Season. The movie released, they toured, they fell in love, and they won an Oscar for their song "Falling Slowly."

Eventually, their relationship ended. Their second album was full of achingly beautiful heartbreak songs. Their music video for their single "Low Rising" was devastating, but ultimately hopeful.

A new documentary, The Swell Season, follows their rise after the Oscar win. It's a beautiful movie full of great music - similar to Once, although this is real life.


We saw it Tuesday and I loved every minute. It was amazing to see behind the scenes and see what was happening in their personal lives as they were rocketing to fame. There was so much for Andy and I to talk about after we saw it! I highly recommend it!


If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks great! I loved there music in Once, not so much the movie, but this looks really interesting! I'll have to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, i wanted to see it but couldn't make it to the times on tuesday/wednesday. glad to hear it was great -- hopefully it'll come out on dvd!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you liked it! (swell season movie)
    I'm leaving this comment as a test. Someone told me I am a no-reply, can you check to see if this comment goes through with my email addy?
    lyb
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kicking myself that I missed it at the Belcourt! P.S. I really like your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.