Monday, November 14, 2011

The Thrift Report: Orange Edition!


I thrift all the time, but I hadn't thrifted on a mission lately. Since I went so overboard back home in Louisville in October, I didn't visit many estate sales in October or shop for my booth very much. Now that it's November, I really need to get back into the swing of things and get some new inventory for my booth! I woke up early early this week and headed to estate sales before work!

Here's what I found!



I love vintage crewel work and was happy to find some really fun pieces lately! I also have been thinking about planting more succulents in cute vintage planters and selling them, so I picked up some planters. (More on succulent planting really soon!)

I picked up an awesome Vogue Sewing Book from 1970, some great vintage glasses, a Bambi book, a little "I love you mom" plaque, a really creepy Christmas elf, a gold clutch, an apron, an afghan, and an awesome chalkboard.

I'm not really big on orange, but almost everything I picked up recently has an orange tone to it! Interesting!






What have YOU found lately? :)

Linking up to...

Penny Worthy Project
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Magpie Monday
Flea Market Finds




If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)

5 comments:

  1. That elf is the creepiest thing ever! ewwww
    I "found" stuff buried in the basement when I cleaned. hahaha does THAT count?
    yep, I see an orange theme for sure!
    Can't wait to see what you find next!
    lyb
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colourful glasses and the blackboard thing most but good finds altogether

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love the glasses!!! I'd love to fin these too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blimey - that elf IS creepy! LOL

    ADORE that kid's chalkboard, it's fabulous.

    I'd have great fun flicking through the Vogue sewing book too.

    Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you sold the white planter yet. I would love to have it to plant my African violets. How much?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.