Thursday, November 3, 2011

Vintage Decorating: Flower Arranging

One of my Thirty Before 30 goals was to learn how to arrange flowers. I haven't learned just yet - I would love to take a class in person. I d0 have a vintage flower arranging book (Better Homes & Gardens: Flower Arranging, 1957) and the new Design*Sponge book has a section on flower arranging, but I'm not there yet. I think I would learn better through hands-on experience, so I'm still on the hunt for a class to take.

In the meantime, here is a 2 page spread on arranging for autumn! You can click the images to see them much larger on flickr.





Personally, I love the last image with the teal tablecloth, yellow flowers, and mod plates!

Do you know how to arrange flowers? Where did you learn? Do you know of any great resources for simple arranging?

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to know how to arrange flowers. I have dried some of my hydrangeas, and they turned out really neat. Now I don't know what to do with them. ugh!
    lyb
    mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.