Thursday, July 26, 2012

I'm an aunt!

IMG_2513
jamieandollie

As an only child, I was never sure if I'd be a "real" aunt. Happily, I married a guy with a brother! Last Thursday, Michael and his wife Staci welcomed Andrew Oliver Young into the world! (Yep, he's named after Andy!)

We spent some hours before his birth at the hospital, we heard Ollie's cries from the waiting area, and then I had to go let Lucy out because we had been gone too long. When I got back, I got to hold Ollie for a few minutes before he went to the nursery. Due to being out of town and a crazy week, we haven't gotten to see him again yet.

BUT, tonight we are going to see him and snuggle him and give him kisses. He is so tiny and so sweet. It's so hard to believe that there's a baby in the family now! I have very little experience with newborns so it will be fun to learn!

If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)


9 comments:

  1. awww, so happy you're an aunt! Congrats to the whole family!
    I look forward to a LOT more pictures of Ollie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I've been blessed with 5 nephews and one brand new niece....being an Aunt is seriously awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being an aunt is great! You'll be so good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! He's so tiny and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on becoming an aunt! He is so adorable :)

    Adrienne
    What Lola Wants

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats! how fun! i had my first new born experience a few months ago and it was scary and pretty awesome. so tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being an Auntie is something very special...and from the look of that smile across your face...you'll be a good one. Congrats to everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How Cool - CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope your Sister-In-Law's foot gets better ASAP so she can get back to being a new Mommy - and YOU have fun being a new Aunt!!!

    I always send my nieces home when they have a dirty diaper... ssssshhhhhh.....

    :) robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats- how fun for you! I'm also an only child. I married a man with 4 siblings so I've become an aunt many times over. Enjoy your new nephew!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.