Friday, December 21, 2012

The Best Christmas Songs Ever

Dolly and Kenny's Christmas album is my favorite ever. I grew up listening to it and still faithfully listen every Christmas. This summer, I found the vinyl in Nashville, Indiana for $2 which felt like a Christmas-In-July miracle. :)

I just can't even express HOW much I love these songs. They make my heart so happy and take me on such a journey of emotions.

Dolly wrote "Once Upon A Christmas" and I think it's SUCH a powerful song about the birth of Jesus. The dancers get a little weird in this performance toward the end, but the song is so beautiful. If you've never heard it, you should definitely listen now!

My favorite lyrics:

All the world rejoiced because the King was born at last / A savior had been promised, now it had come to pass / And the joyful news that He was born spread quickly far and wide / Once upon a Christmas was the birth of Jesus Christ


Aaaaand, so sappy, but I can appreciate this song so much more now as a newlywed. :)

"The Greatest Gift Of All:"


Love, love, love them.

Merry Christmas, y'all!

If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)

4 comments:

  1. you KNOW how much I love this Christmas album! :) Puts me in an instant happy place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me want to watch that really hokey dolly christmas special

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed these...thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas to you and Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i just got chills THINKING about dolly singing those christmas songs. she can make me cry like no other.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.