Monday, January 28, 2013

A Great Saturday For Estate Sales

It feels so awful to say, "I had such a great time at estate sales!" because you have to keep in mind that most often, someone passed away for us to find great things. I love to know, though, that their treasured possessions are living on and going to make someone else happy.

All that to say, I went to two estate sales this weekend and they were great. I drove an hour to Clarksville and was so scared it would be a bust like last weekend. It wasn't. At all. It was great! I found so many great items!

Also, I made new friends! That sounds cheesy, but it's true! At the first sale, I met Krystle of Pura Vida Vintage and it is just so obvious that it was meant to be! She recognized me from mine and my mom's blogs and said hello and we talked and she's opening a vintage store on music row - in a garage that was in the parking lot of my old office at my old job. Crazy! It was so fun talking with her and her amazing daughter. Can't wait to check out her shop once it opens!

After the Clarksville sale, I headed to the Family Tree Estate Sale in Ashland City. I love their sales and I love them! I walked in, said "HEY!" to Melissa, then saw Krystle right behind her! Then turned around and saw Rae! I was on such a high from the good finds and seeing friends!

I was shopping around and started chatting with another shopper who turned out to be Shawna of Sugar Millie. We chatted quite a bit and it was so great to connect with her! I love when dealers are nice and relatable and genuine! There are some older dealers who can be cranky and there are other dealers around my age who are a little cutthroat. I love meeting authentic and kind dealers and connecting with them!

When I was heading out, my friend Val was coming in. The sale was outside of town, but everyone came out to it! It was SUCH a great morning - just what I needed!

Here's a sneak peek of some of my finds... I have photographed them all but there are SO many that I need to find an easy way to share them!

estate sale finds smaller


If you're new to Owl Really, welcome! Please check out my favorite posts and consider subscribing! :)

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a good time!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where, oh where, are all the nice vintage buyers/bloggers in Maine? I am so jealous of your Southern thrifting climate, and I am not talking about the weather :-)
    Can't wait to see more of what you got!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a haul girl!!! Couldn't help but giggle at the box though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Atta girl! Look at all that good stuff. Can't wait to see what you found in Clarksville, I'm bummed I didn't get to go to that one. Also, OMG, I just saw what the box says because of the comment above me. Say whhhaaaa....?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha LOVE the box!!! I'm jealous of your awesome estate sales! I haven't been to a sale in months and have been relying on thrift stores, I can't wait for garage sale season to start back up!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh - mortified by the box. I had NO idea it said that! I was SO focused on the STUFF that I definitely didn't read the box Earl gave me at the sale. I imagine he would have blushed if he had ready it, too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and for leaving a comment! I try to reply by email to most comments - if you are a blogger user, please make sure you have your email address set so that you're not a "no-reply" user.